In the beginning of this year, I decided to track my progress by publishing my monthly updates on this blog. The thought of to do that came to my mind after learning the power of public accountability. Here’s the final update of 2016 about what I loved and learned:
Goal One: Read 13 Books
I kept the first goal an easy one because I was not willing to end the year without accomplishing at least one goal (Like past years). Reading 13+ books meant more than one book per month. I kind of overachieved this goal. Here’s the list:
- Awaken The Giant Within by Anthony Robbins (Read Review)
- How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie (Read Review)
- Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus by John Gray (Read Review)
- The Four Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (2x) (Read Review)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- How Not To Die by Dr. Michael Greger
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Minimalism: Live A Meaningful Life by The Minimalists
- It works by R H J
- Art Of War by San Tzu
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew
- Unlimited Power by Anthony Robbins (Currently Reading)
- My Experiments With Truth by M K Gandhi (Currently Reading)
I read both paper and digital books. But I am considering to go for a kindle e-reader because it will be simple, light, and with way less carbon footprint.
Goal Two: Build A Passive Income Source
This goal is kind of half-achieved. Even though I am earning passively from KDP but it’s still is not enough. Need to get more educated.
And before I forget to mention, I still don’t have a Credit Card.
Goal Three: Travel
I planned to visit south India but I somehow ended up with Purulia. All that I love is I got to get out of my home for quite a few days. Even though it neither was 2 times nor for 30 days.
Goal Four: Vegan
I was already a vegan and just had to convince my family to not secretly mix dairy products with my meals. It took them a couple of months to understand my perspective. And they are okay with it now.
In this year I learned a lot about the industry and it’s countless side effects. And am more aware of the importance of spreading the information as fast as possible.
Goal Five: Exercise and Meditate
I am pretty good with working out. At first, it obviously was hard to adopt and also I discontinued later few times and restarted again. But in the end, I am now sure that I have finally installed this habit in my daily life. Currently every four or five days I train both bodyweights and weighted based on my mood.
It was also one of my goals to gain weight. It was going well till I got typhoid. It gave me a setback but I am now on the track again. (I will publish numbers when I will feel I have reached my goal 🙂 )
Meditating was also on the list. I surely did meditate randomly. But it still is far from becoming a daily habit of mine.
Goal Six: Blog
I thank all of the readers who supported me and encouraged me to keep going. I really appreciate and love you guys.
Happy New Year!