Health is always at the top of my priority list. Because it effects everything in my life including my mood, energy, and productivity. As I am always on the learning track I am making changes in this area to be the best version of me.
This year I made many changes in my life – from cutting passive dairy products and being a complete vegan (by educating myself more) to owing less and dreaming bigger. Here are my top 5 simplest health habits I have adopted and want everyone to try:
1. Exercise: Even though it took me quite some time to go from irregular to finally hitting 4 hours weekly, I can’t live without it now. It just feels so good when I started to love it, that’s why I recommend everyone to workout. It detoxifies.
2. Lemon Water: For about last few weeks I am enjoying my morning cup of warm water with a quarter of a lemon squeezed into it. I have learned alkaline water is best as a morning drink for our body. Nothing else I found to be as simple as this. As a bonus, it also helps my digestions, immune system, and the best – it improves my morning mood.
3. Garlic: As I told in the last point, I am always up for detoxification and cleansing. And garlic is the magic spell that improves everything. I mostly take a clove of garlic (raw) 10-15 minutes before my lunch. [I always add lemon to my lentil soup which never gives me garlic breath]. Sometimes it takes it early in the morning before lemon water.
4. Salt and Mustard oil: As I am leaning towards a greener lifestyle time to time, I found mustard oil best for my teeth and environments. Even though there are eco-friendly toothpaste out there I personally enjoy and suggest using few drops of mustard oil and a pinch of salt while brushing teeth.
5. Gardening: Building a home garden not only keeps you away from chemical containing foods out in the market as much as possible but also makes you feel awesome during the process. Starting to grow my own food is one of the best decisions I made this year for health.
So this was the list of things I can surely tell as daily habits. I am still experimenting and making changes (Always), there obviously will change in this list in the future.
Let me know what you guys think about it.